In today’s world, where almost everything is virtual, it has become vital for recruiters to switch over to virtual hiring.
But many recruiters are still adjusting to this shift and don’t know how to implement it swiftly.
So we have compiled a list of 6 super easy ways to make remote hiring a cakewalk for you!
Read on to uncover the secret tricks.
- Write Clear and Concise Job Descriptions
Are you a recruiter who doesn’t put effort into job descriptions? If so, it’s time to change that!
When it comes to remote hiring, job descriptions are what attract more qualified and smart candidates to you.
Here’s how you can create a crisp yet attractive remote job description:
- Write clear and searchable remote job titles that are easy to read.
- Describe your remote work policies and expectations from the candidates.
- Highlight your company’s culture, missions and values.
- Include your detailed remote salary, perks and benefits.
- Detail the remote role and responsibilities of the applicant.
- Break down the remote hiring and onboarding process
- State the flexibility of remote working hours.
Remember, if your remote job description is unclear, you’ll receive very few applicants or a large number of unqualified candidates.
On the other hand, if your hiring criteria are too rigid, you’ll risk losing excellent candidates who feel they don’t match the bill.
So what is the secret hack?
“Be specific but crisp!”
- Implement Social Recruiting
Did you know 73% of job seekers found their last job through social media?
Whether you are looking for candidates locally, regionally, or globally, social recruiting can effectively reach a wider pool of candidates for remote hiring.
If you still haven’t tapped into social media recruiting, here’s how you can start:
- Determine your target audience: Study the ideal candidate you are looking for and the type of social media platforms they use.
- Develop a social media plan: Create a plan for social media to contact your target audience. For example, determine what kind of content you’d like to share with your audience, how often you’ll post, you’re engaging strategy, and so on.
- Use social media analytics: Track your social media metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of your social recruiting efforts. This will help you make adjustments to your strategy as needed.
Nowadays, most job seekers, especially tech-savvy, millennial, and Gen Z talent, are on social media. So social media is your key to an easy breezy remote hiring strategy!
- Leverage the Use of Recruiting Software
If you’re considering adopting a remote hiring process, your entire workflow is incomplete without recruitment tracking software!
Recruitment technology is crucial for any remote hiring team. Without any physical contact, you’ll need a centralized platform for you and your team to rely on for communication, data collection, and all things work-related.
With the right staffing agency software, remote recruitment teams can streamline collaborative hiring by organizing their data more efficiently.
A recruitment software can allow you to seamlessly communicate with candidates via email or instant messaging, even when they are in different locations.
- Focus on Online Assessments
Let’s address the elephant in the room!
Evaluating candidates effectively without any physical contact is quite tricky.
Thankfully, digitization and AI has made it possible to conduct online tests or psychometric analysis.
Online skill evaluation tools can dramatically increase the likelihood of hiring top talent by offering a more objective selection process than traditional recruiting strategies.
Use an online assessment test in your remote hiring strategy to successfully identify exceptional applicants. Skill-based tests are a great way to identify the hard skills of your candidates without any bias or interference.
- Keep Your Candidates Engaged
One major challenge of remote hiring is keeping your candidates interested and engaged.
Here are some tips to keep them interested and create a positive candidate experience:
- Communicate regularly: It goes without saying regular communication is the key to keeping them involved. Provide updates on the hiring process and interview schedule, and answer any questions they may have in a timely manner.
- Conduct video conferencing: Video conferencing can help create a more personal connection with candidates and make them feel more engaged. Consider conducting video interviews instead of phone interviews.
- Be transparent: Transparency is important in any hiring process, especially in remote hiring. Be upfront for any delays or changes, and provide feedback to candidates throughout their involvement.
6. Create a Structured Remote Hiring Process
What’s the secret to a productive and well-functioning remote hiring process?
“Have a planned and actionable routine.”
It is vital to create a structured process to avoid a chaotic environment in your company. You can create one by following these steps:
- Build a set of remote recruiting goals like decreased hiring time, providing candidate feedback, etc.
- Maintain a single database for the exchange of data and relevant information.
- Use a platform for group communication, such as Slack, Teams, or Zoom.
- Have regular meetings with the hiring team to discuss objectives and challenges.
Remote hiring is still something many recruiters are getting accustomed to. But if you follow these practical tips, it will be much more result-oriented and smooth.
For more informative tips and trends, you can check out Recruit CRM’s blogs.