If Android devices normally slow down over time? Regardless of how robust the hardware is, any smartphone will slow down after a few months or years. Do you know what the actual cause of the slowdown is?
Well, this article will help you understand the causes of why you’re mobile slower down over time and how you can optimize its performance.
Various reasons can cause your phone to be slow.
Various reasons can cause your phone to be slow. Your phone has too many apps running in the background and needs resources. That is why closing down any unnecessary apps or programs when you’re not using them is important. Another reason is that your smartphone may have insufficient storage space and you must delete some files and pictures. The battery health of your smartphone can affect performance.
Type and the number of apps
- The number of apps running in the background. The more apps you keep open, the slower your phone gets.
- Type of apps running in the background. Some apps are more power-hungry than others, and some might eat up your storage space or data plan without you even realizing it.
- Apps running in the background consume battery power. This includes any app that uses GPS, Wi-Fi, or mobile data, even when you’re not using them! Make sure to close out of these when they’re not being used to save battery life while maintaining performance and saving on your data plan!
Limited storage space on your phone
There are several ways to free up storage space on your Android phone.
- Check the storage to free up your mobile for extra storage.
- Delete the unnecessary files and apps
- Free up space on your phone repair store by deleting the photos, videos, music, and other files you have stored on your phone.
You can remove individual files or clear the entire Storage by resetting your phone. -Go to Settings and tap Storage. -Tap Internal Storage or SD card, depending on where you want to free up space.
Poor battery health
One of the most common reasons for slow phones is poor battery health. A weak battery can cause your phone to feel sluggish and drain quickly, even when you’re not using it.
You should use a battery saver app to speed up aging or damaged phones. These apps will limit the number of background processes running to conserve power, making your phone faster overall. You may also want to consider charging your phone properly by keeping it plugged in until it reaches 100%, then unplugging it and letting it run at 100% until it dies before recharging again. This is called “Battery calibration.”
Phone often got heated up.
There are several reasons for your phone to get hot. First, you may have a problem with your device’s software. If this is the case, it’s probably best to call a technician who can help fix it. SD Cell Plus is also famous for its user-friendly services.
How to fix it
- Clear cache
- Turn off background apps
- Turn on power saving mode
- Check Storage
- Update OS and apps
Clear the cache
The first and most obvious step is to clear the cache. Many apps store data in a cache to make it easier for you to use them, but this can slow your phone repair down over time. Clearing the cache will remove these temporary files and free up space on your phone.
You can do this by going into Settings > Apps & notifications > app and tapping Storage, then tapping Clear Cache. Not all apps have a dedicated storage page, so if yours doesn’t, go into Settings > Apps & notifications > scroll down and tap Storage, then tap Clear Cache at the top left of the screen.
Check the storage free up your mobile for extra Storage.
You can clear up Storage on your phone by deleting unnecessary files and apps.
- Use a file manager or storage cleaner to clean up your Storage.
- Delete unnecessary files and apps.
- Move apps to the SD card if you have one because it’s faster than storing them on your internal Storage (this will also free up some space).
- Uninstall apps that you no longer use or need, especially those that take up a lot of space.
Turn on the power saving mode while not in use.
The first thing to do when your smartphone starts to feel slow is to turn on the power-saving mode while not in use. The location services, background app refresh and auto-sync all consume battery life. By turning them off, you’re preventing the phone from draining its battery unnecessarily.
Turning off notifications will also help you save some juice. It reduces power consumption and storage space by allowing apps to update silently and can also avoid distracting you while working or sleeping.
Lastly, consider turning off the vibration if you don’t need it. This helps conserve additional energy.
Don’t overcharge the mobile.
- Don’t charge the mobile for too long:
- Don’t overcharge the mobile. You can use it while charging but don’t charge the phone overnight.
- It is advised not to use your smartphone while charging. Because this can cause a very high temperature, damaging the battery and other components inside your device.
If you don’t have the patience to wait for the updates or an older smartphone, I recommend getting a new one. However, if you are willing to try out some home remedies first, here are some things you could do:
- Update your OS
- Update all the apps and games on your phone. Make sure that they are up-to-date, so they function at their peak efficiency. If there are any lagging issues with any of them, try uninstalling them and reinstalling them after a restart of your device.
- You may also want to check if any app updates are available by going into Settings -> Updates & Security -> Windows Update -> Check For Updates!
Go to the repair store for mandatory repair.
The first way to speed up your phone is to try DIYs and to make it more professional, visit a repair store for mandatory repair.
It would help if you didn’t use it until it is fixed. Your phone slows down usually due to the number of apps running in the background and their type and size relative to one another.
This post will help you to understand why your smartphone is slow and what you can do to speed it up. If you’ve tried everything and are still having issues, maybe it’s time to get a new phone or look into an upgrade.
How do I fix my phone from slowing down?
You can do several things to speed up your phone, and the first step is to clear its cache. Turn off all background apps running in the background.
Update both your Operating System and any applications regularly.
Read more interesting articles at Tablogy